Pronunciation: ( jOO-dish'ul), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/judicial.html on line 79 [key]
1. pertaining to judgment in courts of justice or to the administration of justice: judicial proceedings; the judicial system.
2. pertaining to courts of law or to judges; judiciary: judicial functions.
3. of or pertaining to a judge; proper to the character of a judge; judgelike: judicial gravity.
4. inclined to make or give judgments; critical; discriminating: a judicial mind.
5. decreed, sanctioned, or enforced by a court: a judicial decision.
6. giving or seeking judgment, as in a dispute or contest; determinative: a judicial duel over lands.
7. inflicted by God as a judgment or punishment.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.