Pronunciation: ( jum'bul), [key]
—v., -bled, -bling,
1. to mix in a confused mass; put or throw together without order: You've jumbled up all the cards.
2. to confuse mentally; muddle.
1. to be mixed together in a disorderly heap or mass.
2. to meet or come together confusedly.
1. a mixed or disordered heap or mass: a jumble of paper clips, rubber bands, and string.
2. a confused mixture; medley.
3. a state of confusion or disorder.
4. Also,jum'bal.a small, round, flat cake or cookie with a hole in the middle.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.