Pronunciation: ( just), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/just.html on line 75 [key]
1. guided by truth, reason, justice, and fairness: We hope to be just in our understanding of such difficult situations.
2. done or made according to principle; equitable; proper: a just reply.
3. based on right; rightful; lawful: a just claim.
4. in keeping with truth or fact; true; correct: a just analysis.
5. given or awarded rightly; deserved, as a sentence, punishment, or reward: a just penalty.
6. in accordance with standards or requirements; proper or right: just proportions.
7. (esp. in Biblical use) righteous.
8. actual, real, or genuine.
1. within a brief preceding time; but a moment before: The sun just came out.
2. exactly or precisely: This is just what I mean.
3. by a narrow margin; barely: The arrow just missed the mark.
4. only or merely: He was just a clerk until he became ambitious.
5. actually; really; positively: The weather is just glorious.
Pronunciation: ( just), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/just.html on line 152 [key]
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.