Pronunciation: ( jOO'vu-nl, -nīl"), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/juvenile.html on line 77 [key]
1. of, pertaining to, characteristic of, or suitable or intended for young persons: juvenile books.
2. young; youthful: juvenile years.
3. immature; childish; infantile: His juvenile tantrums are not in keeping with his age.
1. a young person; youth.
a. a youthful male or female role.
b. an actor or actress who plays such parts.
3. a book for children.
4. Ornith.a young bird in the stage when it has fledged, if altricial, or has replaced down of hatching, if precocial.
5. a two-year-old racehorse.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.