Pronunciation: (kēn), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/keen.html on line 79 [key]
—adj., -er, -est.
1. finely sharpened, as an edge; so shaped as to cut or pierce substances readily: a keen razor.
2. sharp, piercing, or biting: a keen wind; keen satire.
3. characterized by strength and distinctness of perception; extremely sensitive or responsive: keen eyes; keen ears.
4. having or showing great mental penetration or acumen: keen reasoning; a keen mind.
5. animated by or showing strong feeling or desire: keen competition.
6. intense, as feeling or desire: keen ambition; keen jealousy.
7. eager; interested; enthusiastic (often fol. by about, on, etc., or an infinitive): She is really keen on going swimming.
8. Slang.great; wonderful; marvelous.
Pronunciation: (kēn), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/keen.html on line 139 [key]
a wailing lament for the dead.
to wail in lamentation for the dead.
to bewail or lament by or with keening.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.