Pronunciation: (ken'i-dē), [key]
1. Edward Moore (Ted), born 1932, U.S. politician: senator from Massachusetts since 1962.
2. John Fitzgerald, 1917–63, thirty-fifth president of the U.S. 1961–63.
3. Joseph Patrick, 1888–1969, U.S. financier and diplomat (father of Edward Moore, John Fitzgerald, and Robert Francis).
4. Robert Francis, 1925–68, U.S. political leader and government official: attorney general 1961–64; senator from New York 1965–68.
5. William, born 1928, U.S. novelist.
6. Cape, former name (1963–73) of Cape Canaveral.
7. John F., International Airport. See John F. Kennedy International Airport.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.