Pronunciation: (kē'bôrd", -bōrd"), [key]
1. the row or set of keys on a piano, organ, or the like.
2. a set of keys, usually arranged in tiers, for operating a typewriter, typesetting machine, computer terminal, or the like.
3. any of various musical instruments played by means of a pianolike keyboard, as a piano, electric piano, or organ.
1. Also,key,key in. Computers.to enter (information) into a computer by means of a keyboard.
2. to set (text) in type, using a machine that is operated by a keyboard.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.