Pronunciation: (kin), [key]
1. a person's relatives collectively; kinfolk.
2. family relationship or kinship.
3. a group of persons descended from a common ancestor or constituting a family, clan, tribe, or race.
4. a relative or kinsman.
5. someone or something of the same or similar kind: philosophy and its kin, theology.
6. of kin, of the same family; related; akin: Although their surnames are identical they are not of kin.
1. of the same family; related; akin.
2. of the same kind or nature; having affinity.
a diminutive suffix of nouns: lambkin.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.