Pronunciation: (kīnd'lē), [key]
—adj., -li•er, -li•est,
1. having, showing, or proceeding from a benevolent disposition or spirit; kindhearted: kindly people.
2. gentle or mild, as rule or laws.
3. pleasant, agreeable, or benign: kindly climate.
4. favorable, as soil for crops.
1. in a kind manner; with sympathetic or helpful kindness.
2. cordially or heartily: We thank you kindly.
3. obligingly; please: Would you kindly close the door?
4. with liking; favorably: to take kindly to an idea.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.