Pronunciation: (kin'drid), [key]
1. a person's relatives collectively; kinfolk; kin.
2. a group of persons related to another; family, tribe, or race.
3. relationship by birth or descent, or sometimes by marriage; kinship.
4. natural relationship; affinity.
1. associated by origin, nature, qualities, etc.: kindred languages.
2. having the same belief, attitude, or feeling: We are kindred spirits on the issue of gun control.
3. related by birth or descent; having kinship: kindred tribes.
4. belonging to kin or relatives: kindred blood.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.