Pronunciation: (kich'un), [key]
1. a room or place equipped for cooking.
2. culinary department; cuisine: This restaurant has a fine Italian kitchen.
3. the staff or equipment of a kitchen.
1. of, pertaining to, or designed for use in a kitchen: kitchen window; kitchen curtains.
2. employed in or assigned to a kitchen: kitchen help.
3. of or resembling a pidginized language, esp. one used for communication between employers and servants or other employees who do not speak the same language.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.