Pronunciation: (la&thslash;'ur), [key]
1. foam or froth made by a detergent, esp. soap, when stirred or rubbed in water, as by a brush used in shaving or by hands in washing.
2. foam or froth formed in profuse sweating, as on a horse.
3. Informal.a state of excitement, agitation, nervous tension, or the like: He was in a lather over my delay.
1. to form a lather: a soap that lathers well.
2. to become covered with lather, as a horse.
1. to apply lather to; cover with lather: He lathered his face before shaving.
2. Informal.to beat or whip.
Pronunciation: (lath'ur, lä'thur), [key]
a worker who puts up laths.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.