Pronunciation: (led'n), [key]
1. inertly heavy like lead; hard to lift or move: a leaden weight; leaden feet.
2. dull, spiritless, or gloomy, as in mood or thought: leaden prose; a leaden atmosphere.
3. of a dull gray color: leaden skies.
4. oppressive; heavy: a leaden silence.
5. sluggish; listless: They moved at a leaden pace.
6. of poor quality or little value.
7. made or consisting of lead.
to make leaden, sluggish, dull, etc.: Fatigue had leadened his brain and step.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.