Pronunciation: (lēsh), [key]
1. a chain, strap, etc., for controlling or leading a dog or other animal; lead.
2. check; curb; restraint: to keep one's temper in leash; a tight leash on one's subordinates.
3. Hunting.a brace and a half, as of foxes or hounds.
1. to secure, control, or restrain by or as if by a leash: to leash water power for industrial use.
2. to bind together by or as if by a leash; connect; link; associate.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.