Pronunciation: (lēst), [key]
—adj., a superl. of little with less or lesser as compar.
1. smallest in size, amount, degree, etc.; slightest: He gave the least amount of money of anyone.
2. lowest in consideration, position, or importance.
1. something that is least; the least amount, quantity, degree, etc.
2. South Midland U.S.the youngest in a family or group.
3. at least,
a. at the lowest estimate or figure: The repairs will cost at least $100.
b. at any rate; in any case: You didn't get a good grade, but at least you passed the course. Also,at the least.
4. not in the least, not in the smallest degree; not at all: I am not in the least concerned about the outcome of the World Series.
—adv. superl. of little with less as compar.
to the smallest extent, amount, or degree: That's the least important question of all. He talks least.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.