Pronunciation: (lib'ur-tēn", -tin), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/libertine.html on line 73 [key]
1. a person who is morally or sexually unrestrained, esp. a dissolute man; a profligate; rake.
2. a freethinker in religious matters.
3. a person freed from slavery in ancient Rome.
1. free of moral, esp. sexual, restraint; dissolute; licentious.
2. freethinking in religious matters.
3. Archaic.unrestrained; uncontrolled.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.