Pronunciation: (lēj, lēzh), [key]
1. a feudal lord entitled to allegiance and service.
2. a feudal vassal or subject.
1. owing primary allegiance and service to a feudal lord.
2. pertaining to the relation between a feudal vassal and lord.
3. loyal; faithful: the liege adherents of a cause.
Pronunciation: (lē-āzh'; Fr. lyezh), [key]
1. a city in E Belgium, on the Meuse River: one of the first cities attacked in World War I. 139,333.
2. a province in E Belgium. 1,019,226; 1521 sq. mi. (3940 sq. km). Cap.: Liège.Flemish, Luik.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.