Pronunciation: (līt'lē), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/lightly.html on line 71 [key]
1. with little weight, force, intensity, etc.; gently: to press lightly on a door bell.
2. to only a small amount or degree; slightly: lightly fried eggs.
3. nimbly; quickly: to leap lightly aside.
4. with a lack of concern; indifferently; slightly: to think lightly of one's achievements.
5. cheerfully; without complaining: to take bad news lightly.
6. without due consideration or reason (often used negatively): an offer not to be refused lightly.
7. easily; without trouble or effort: Lightly come, lightly go.
8. frivolously; flippantly: to behave lightly.
9. airily; buoyantly: flags floating lightly.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.