Pronunciation: (lim), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/limb.html on line 75 [key]
1. a part or member of an animal body distinct from the head and trunk, as a leg, arm, or wing: the lower limbs; artificial limbs.
2. a large or main branch of a tree.
3. a projecting part or member: the four limbs of a cross.
4. a person or thing regarded as a part, member, branch, offshoot, or scion of something: a limb of the central committee.
5. Archery.the upper or lower part of a bow.
6. Informal.a mischievous child, imp, or young scamp.
7. out on a limb, in a dangerous or compromising situation; vulnerable: The company overextended itself financially and was soon out on a limb.
to cut the limbs from (a felled tree).
Pronunciation: (lim), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/limb.html on line 130 [key]
1. Astron.the edge of the disk of the sun, a moon, or a planet.
2. the graduated edge of a quadrant or similar instrument.
a. the upper spreading part of a gamopetalous corolla.
b. the expanded portion of a petal, sepal, or leaf.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.