Pronunciation: (ling'kun), [key]
1. Abraham, 1809–65, 16th president of the U.S. 1861–65.
2. Benjamin, 1733–1810, American Revolutionary general.
3. a city in and the capital of Nebraska, in the SE part. 171,932.
4. a city in Lincolnshire, in E central England. 73,200.
5. a town in N Rhode Island. 16,949.
6. a city in central Illinois. 16,327.
7. a town in S Ontario, in S Canada, on Lake Ontario. 14,196.
9. one of an English breed of large mutton sheep noted for their heavy fleece of coarse, long wool.
10. a male given name.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.