Pronunciation: (liv'id), [key]
1. having a discolored, bluish appearance caused by a bruise, congestion of blood vessels, strangulation, etc., as the face, flesh, hands, or nails.
2. dull blue; dark, grayish-blue.
3. enraged; furiously angry: Willful stupidity makes me absolutely livid.
4. feeling or appearing strangulated because of strong emotion.
5. reddish or flushed.
6. deathly pale; pallid; ashen: Fear turned his cheeks livid for a moment.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.