Pronunciation: (lôrd'lē), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/lordly.html on line 73 [key]
—adj., -li•er, -li•est,
1. suitable for a lord, as trappings or ceremonies; grand or magnificent.
2. insolently imperious; haughty; arrogant; overbearing: lordly contempt.
3. of or pertaining to a lord.
4. having the character or attributes of a lord.
5. befitting a lord, as actions: lordly manners.
Also,lord'li•ly.in the manner of a lord.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.