Pronunciation: (luv'lē), [key]
—adj., -li•er, -li•est,
—n., pl. -lies,
1. charmingly or exquisitely beautiful: a lovely flower.
2. having a beauty that appeals to the heart or mind as well as to the eye, as a person or a face.
3. delightful; highly pleasing: to have a lovely time.
4. of a great moral or spiritual beauty: a lovely character.
1. Informal.a beautiful woman, esp. a show girl.
2. any person or thing that is pleasing, highly satisfying, or the like: Every car in the new line is a lovely.
Nonstandard.very well; splendidly.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.