Pronunciation: (lOO'bri-kāt"), [key]
—v., -cat•ed, -cat•ing.
1. to apply some oily or greasy substance to (a machine, parts of a mechanism, etc.) in order to diminish friction; oil or grease (something).
2. to make slippery or smooth; apply a lubricant to: to lubricate one's hands with a lotion.
3. to smooth over, as a difficulty or human relationship; ease: to lubricate the friction between enemies.
4. Slang.to provide with intoxicating drinks.
5. Slang.to bribe.
1. to act as a lubricant.
2. to apply a lubricant to something.
3. Slang.to drink or become drunk.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.