Pronunciation: (lust), [key]
1. intense sexual desire or appetite.
2. uncontrolled or illicit sexual desire or appetite; lecherousness.
3. a passionate or overmastering desire or craving (usually fol. by for): a lust for power.
4. ardent enthusiasm; zest; relish: an enviable lust for life.
a. pleasure or delight.
b. desire; inclination; wish.
1. to have intense sexual desire.
2. to have a yearning or desire; have a strong or excessive craving (often fol. by for or after).
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.