Pronunciation: (lug-zhoor'ē-us, luk-shoor'-), [key]
1. characterized by luxury; ministering or conducive to luxury: a luxurious hotel.
2. given to or loving luxury; wanting or requiring what is choice, expensive, or the like: a person with luxurious tastes.
3. given to pleasure, esp. of the senses; voluptuous.
4. present or occurring in great abundance, rich profusion, etc.; opulent: a luxurious harvest; music of luxurious beauty.
5. excessively ornate; overelaborate: luxurious prose.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.