Pronunciation: (mād), [key]
pt. and pp. of make.
1. produced by making, preparing, etc., in a particular way (often used in combination): well-made garments.
2. artificially produced: made fur.
3. invented or made-up: to tell made stories about oneself.
4. prepared, esp. from several ingredients: a made dish.
5. assured of success or fortune: a made man.
6. have it made, Informal.
a. to be assured or confident of success: With a straight A average he's got it made.
b. to have achieved success, esp. wealth, status, or the like.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.