Pronunciation: (mag-net'ik), [key]
1. of or pertaining to a magnet or magnetism.
2. having the properties of a magnet.
3. capable of being magnetized or attracted by a magnet.
4. pertaining to the magnetic field of the earth: the magnetic equator.
5. exerting a strong attractive power or charm: a magnetic personality.
6. noting or pertaining to various bearings and measurements as indicated by a magnetic compass: magnetic amplitude; magnetic course; magnetic meridian. Also,mag•net'i•cal.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.