Pronunciation: (mag-nif'u-sunt), [key]
1. making a splendid appearance or show; of exceptional beauty, size, etc.: a magnificent cathedral; magnificent scenery.
2. extraordinarily fine; superb: a magnificent opportunity; magnificent weather.
3. noble; sublime: a magnificent poem.
4. (usually cap.) (formerly used as a title of some rulers) great; grand: Lorenzo the Magnificent.
5. lavishly munificent; extravagant: a magnificent inheritance.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.