Pronunciation: (maj'u-stē), [key]
1. regal, lofty, or stately dignity; imposing character; grandeur: majesty of bearing; the majesty of Chartres.
2. supreme greatness or authority; sovereignty: All paid tribute to the majesty of Rome.
3. (usually cap.) a title used when speaking of or to a sovereign (usually prec. by his, her, or your): His Majesty's Navy; Will your Majesty hear our petitions?
4. a royal personage, or royal personages collectively: The royal wedding was attended by the majesties of Europe.
5. Christ in Majesty, a representation of Christ as ruler of the universe.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.