Pronunciation: (mar'ēd), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/married.html on line 73 [key]
1. united in wedlock; wedded: married couples.
2. of or pertaining to marriage or married persons; connubial; conjugal: married happiness.
3. (of an antique) created from components of two or more authentic pieces.
4. interconnected or joined; united.
5. (of a family name) acquired through marriage.
Usually, marrieds. married couples or married people: young marrieds moving into their first home.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.