Pronunciation: (mar'ō), [key]
1. Anat.a soft, fatty, vascular tissue in the interior cavities of bones that is a major site of blood cell production.
2. the inmost or essential part: to pierce to the marrow of a problem.
3. strength or vitality: Fear took the marrow out of him.
4. rich and nutritious food.
5. Chiefly Brit.See vegetable marrow.
Pronunciation: (mar'ō; Scot.mar'u), [key]
—n. Scot. and North Eng.
1. a partner; fellow worker.
2. a spouse; helpmate.
3. a companion; close friend.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.