Pronunciation: (mas'iv), [key]
1. consisting of or forming a large mass; bulky and heavy: massive columns.
2. large and heavy-looking: a massive forehead.
3. large in scale, amount, or degree: a massive breakdown in communications; massive reductions in spending.
4. solid or substantial; great or imposing: massive erudition.
5. Mineral.having no outward crystal form, although sometimes crystalline in internal structure.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.