Pronunciation: (môl), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/maul.html on line 73 [key]
1. a heavy hammer, as for driving stakes or wedges.
2. Archaic.a heavy club or mace.
1. to handle or use roughly: The book was badly mauled by its borrowers.
2. to injure by a rough beating, shoving, or the like; bruise: to be mauled by an angry crowd.
3. to split with a maul and wedge, as a wooden rail. Also,mall.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.