Pronunciation: (mē'lē), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/mealy.html on line 73 [key]
—adj., meal•i•er, meal•i•est.
1. having the qualities of meal; powdery; soft, dry, and crumbly: mealy potatoes; a mealy stone.
2. of or containing meal; farinaceous: baked fish with a mealy crust.
3. covered with or as if with meal or powder: flowers mealy with their pollen.
4. flecked as if with meal; spotty: horses with mealy hides.
5. pale; sallow: a mealy complexion.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.