Pronunciation: (mezh'urd), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/measured.html on line 77 [key]
1. ascertained or apportioned by measure: The race was over the course of a measured mile.
2. accurately regulated or proportioned.
3. regular or uniform, as in movement; rhythmical: to walk with measured strides.
4. deliberate and restrained; careful; carefully weighed or considered: measured language; measured terms.
5. in the form of meter or verse; metrical.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.