Pronunciation: (mē'dē-un), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/median.html on line 77 [key]
1. noting or pertaining to a plane dividing something into two equal parts, esp. one dividing an animal into right and left halves.
2. situated in or pertaining to the middle; medial.
1. Arith., Statistics.the middle number in a given sequence of numbers, taken as the average of the two middle numbers when the sequence has an even number of numbers: 4 is the median of 1, 3, 4, 8, 9.
2. Geom.a straight line from a vertex of a triangle to the midpoint of the opposite side.
3. Also called midpoint. a vertical line that divides a histogram into two equal parts. Cf. central tendency.
4. See median strip.
Pronunciation: (mē'dē-un), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/median.html on line 133 [key]
of or pertaining to Media, the Medes, or their language.
1. a Mede.
2. the Iranian language of ancient Media, contemporaneous with Old Persian.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.