Pronunciation: (mē'ting), [key]
1. the act of coming together: a chance meeting in the park.
2. an assembly or conference of persons for a specific purpose: a ten o'clock business meeting.
3. the body of persons present at an assembly or conference: to read a report to the meeting.
4. a hostile encounter; duel.
5. an assembly for religious worship, esp. of Quakers.
6. See meeting house.
7. a place or point of contact; junction; union: the meeting of two roads; the meeting of the waters.
8. take a meeting, Informal.to hold, conduct, or participate in a meeting: The producer took a meeting with the cast of the film.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.