Pronunciation: (men'is), [key]
—n., v., -aced, -ac•ing.
1. something that threatens to cause evil, harm, injury, etc.; a threat: Air pollution is a menace to health.
2. a person whose actions, attitudes, or ideas are considered dangerous or harmful: When he gets behind the wheel of a car, he's a real menace.
3. an extremely annoying person.
1. to utter or direct a threat against; threaten.
2. to serve as a probable threat to; imperil.
to express or serve as a threat.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.