Pronunciation: (men'shun), [key]
1. to refer briefly to; name, specify, or speak of: Don't forget to mention her contribution to the project.
2. to cite formally for a meritorious act or achievement: He was mentioned in dispatches from the war zone.
3. not to mention, in addition to; without mentioning: We were served a sumptuous entree, not to mention the other courses.
1. a direct or incidental reference; a mentioning: to make mention of a place.
2. formal recognition for a meritorious act or achievement: Her entry in the science competition received a special mention.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.