Pronunciation: (mīt), [key]auxiliary v.
1. pt. of may 1.
2. (used to express possibility): They might be at the station.
3. (used to express advisability): You might at least thank me.
4. (used in polite requests for permission): Might I speak to you for a moment?
Pronunciation: (mīt), [key]
1. physical strength: He swung with all his might.
2. superior power or strength; force: the theory that might makes right.
3. power or ability to do or accomplish; capacity: the might of the ballot box.
4. with might and main, with all the vigor, force, or energy at one's command: They pulled with might and main.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.