Pronunciation: (mīld), [key]
—adj., -er, -est,
1. amiably gentle or temperate in feeling or behavior toward others.
2. characterized by or showing such gentleness, as manners or speech: a mild voice.
3. not cold, severe, or extreme, as air or weather: mild breezes.
4. not sharp, pungent, or strong: a mild flavor.
5. not acute or serious, as disease: a mild case of flu.
6. gentle or moderate in force or effect: mild penalties.
7. soft; pleasant: mild sunshine.
8. moderate in intensity, degree, or character: mild regret.
9. Brit. Dial.comparatively soft and easily worked, as soil, wood, or stone.
10. Obs.kind or gracious.
Brit.beer that has a blander taste than bitter.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.