Pronunciation: (mī'lij), [key]
1. the aggregate number of miles traveled over in a given time.
2. length, extent, or distance in miles.
3. the number of miles or the average distance that a vehicle can travel on a specified quantity of fuel: the car gets good mileage.
4. wear, use, advantage, or profit: She won't get much more mileage out of this old coat.
5. an allowance for traveling expenses at a fixed rate per mile: His mileage came to $90.
6. a fixed charge per mile, as for railroad transportation.
7. See mileage ticket. Also,milage.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.