Pronunciation: (mil'it), [key]
1. a cereal grass, Setaria italica, extensively cultivated in the East and in southern Europe for its small seed, or grain, used as food for humans and fowls, but in the U.S. grown chiefly for fodder.
2. any of various related or similar grasses cultivated as grain plants or forage plants.
3. the grain of any of these grasses.
Pronunciation: (mi-lā'; for 2 also Fr. mē-le'), [key]
1. Francis Davis, 1846–1912, U.S. painter, illustrator, and journalist.
2. Jean Fran•çois Pronunciation: (zhän frän-swa'), [key] 1814–75, French painter.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.