Pronunciation: (mīm, mēm), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/mime.html on line 73 [key]
—n., v., mimed, mim•ing.
1. the art or technique of portraying a character, mood, idea, or narration by gestures and bodily movements; pantomime.
2. an actor who specializes in this art.
3. an ancient Greek or Roman farce that depended for effect largely upon ludicrous actions and gestures.
4. a player in such a farce.
5. mimic (def. 4).
6. a jester, clown, or comedian.
1. to mimic.
2. to act in mime.
to play a part by mime or mimicry.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.