Pronunciation: (ming'gul), [key]
—v., -gled, -gling,
1. to become mixed, blended, or united.
2. to associate or mix in company: She refuses to mingle with bigots.
3. to associate or take part with others; participate.
1. to mix or combine; put together in a mixture; blend.
2. to unite, join, or conjoin.
3. to associate in company: a hostess who mingles diplomats with executives.
4. to form by mixing; compound; concoct.
mingles, two or more single, unrelated adults who live together.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.