Pronunciation: (min'um), [key]
1. the smallest unit of liquid measure, 1/60 of a fluid dram, roughly equivalent to one drop. Abbr.: min, min.; Symbol: M, &minimv;
2. Music.a note, formerly the shortest in use, but now equivalent in time value to one half of a semibreve; half note. See illus. under note.
3. the least quantity of anything.
4. something very small or insignificant.
5. (cap.) a member of a mendicant religious order founded in the 15th century by St. Francis of Paola.
2. very small.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.