Pronunciation: (mikst), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/mixed.html on line 75 [key]
1. put together or formed by mixing.
2. composed of different constituents or elements: a mixed form of government.
3. of different kinds combined: mixed nuts; mixed emotions.
4. involving or comprised of persons of different sex, class, character, belief, religion, or race: mixed company; a mixed neighborhood.
5. Law.involving more than one issue or aspect: a mixed question of law and fact.
6. Phonet.(of a vowel) central.
7. Math.(of partial derivatives) of second or higher order and involving differentiation with respect to more than one variable.
8. (of trains) composed of both passenger and freight cars.
9. Logic.containing quantifiers of unlike kind.
10. (of a stock or commodity market) characterized by uneven price movements, with some prices rising and others falling.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.