Pronunciation: (miks'chur), [key]
1. a product of mixing.
2. any combination or blend of different elements, kinds, qualities, etc.: a mixture of good and bad traits.
3. Chem., Physics.an aggregate of two or more substances that are not chemically united and that exist in no fixed proportion to each other.
4. a fabric woven of yarns combining various colors: a heather mixture.
5. the act of mixing or the state of being mixed.
6. an added element or ingredient; admixture.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.