Pronunciation: (mok'u-rē), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/mockery.html on line 73 [key]
1. ridicule, contempt, or derision.
2. a derisive, imitative action or speech.
3. a subject or occasion of derision.
4. an imitation, esp. of a ridiculous or unsatisfactory kind.
5. a mocking pretense; travesty: a mockery of justice.
6. something absurdly or offensively inadequate or unfitting.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.